I live in Fordingbridge, Hampshire with my husband, Simon and our two beautiful children.
I am a Certified Infant Massage Instructor with the International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM), accredited by the Royal College of Midwives, Complementary Therapists Association and Embody.
My career has mainly centred around working with children, young people and their families. I am passionate about the importance of enhancing early parent-child interactions, attunement and bonding to promote our children’s future social and emotional resilience and the ability to form healthy, loving and secure attachments as they grow.
I first came across the wonderful benefits of Baby Massage when working with Young Parents as a Personal Adviser for Connexions and then again when working for Barnardos in Family Support. Learning Baby Massage proved so valuable for supporting the bonding process, increasing attunement and offering empowerment; ultimately supporting both parent and baby to reach their full potentials.
After witnessing the many benefits of this traditional practice, and from feeling these myself with my own two children, I set up Sunflower Baby Massage in November 2016.
My Sunflower Aims:
- Facilitate. Enhance. Promote. Support
- To facilitate a relaxed, nurturing and calm space for parents to spend quality quiet-time communicating and connecting with their baby through positive nurturing touch.
- To enhance early bonds that are loving, healthy and secure, through meaningful parent-baby interaction.
- To promote the warm interactions and gentle communication of Baby Massage as part of routine baby-care.
- To support parents in their love for their baby and as the best experts on their baby.
'Baby Massage' goes far beyond simply learning massage strokes, it's a parenting practice; a gentle communication through positive nurturing touch, eye contact and voice that is built up slowly and in synchrony between a baby and their parent/main care giver. Ultimately Baby Massage soothes, calms and communicates love, reassurance and nurturing, as our children grow. I fully share Viv’s vision, approach and objectives for DorPIP and feel incredibly excited to have the opportunity of sharing all the wonders of Baby Massage as part of DorPIP’s service to help local families across Dorset thrive for generations to come.