Complaints Handling Policy
Dorset Parent infant Partnership is committed to providing a high quality service to all people engaged in our service and also in our day to day dealings with organisations that come into our contact for whatever reason.
When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards of service and professionalism.
Complaints should be sent in writing via email or letter to any of the contacts below:
- firstname.lastname@example.org – FAO Viv Allen who our Founder
All complaints will be handled with urgency. We may need to make enquiries in order to ascertain information to enable us to resolve the complaint.
Complaints of all types will be considered and depending on the nature of the complaint will be referred initially to the member of the team with the appropriate responsibility. If the complaint is about one of our partner organisations, we would ask that this is referred direct to them for consideration.
What happens next?
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five working days of receiving it
- We will then investigate your complaint taking any appropriate action and write to you via email within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgment letter with the outcome of our findings. If you require a postal letter, please advise at the time of making your complaint and ensure we have your postal address in full including postcode.
- At this stage, if your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please contact us with the reasons why you are not satisfied
- Upon receipt of this we will refer your complaint for an independent review by the Board of Trustees of Dorset Parent Infant Partnership who will respond to you within two weeks of the Board Meeting that your complaint was reviewed.
- If the independent review by the Board has not resolved your complaint then it may be possible to take this up with the charity commission where Dorset Parent Infant Partnership is registered as a charity (No 1175876)
If you require this information in a different format, then please contact Dorset Parent Infant Partnership [email protected] to let us know your needs.
This policy was last modified on 31st March 2020